We’re looking for PhD and MSW (Thesis Option) students to join us at the Children’s Services Policy Research Group.
Our current primary need is for students interested in working on the FNIS-2018. There are also opportunities to work on other ongoing projects and to help develop new projects. We are offering opportunities in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Preferred candidates will:
- have at least 3 years experience working in social services for Indigenous children/families and/or in child welfare
- plan to complete a thesis/dissertation focusing on child welfare or service disparities for children from marginalized / racialized communities, or a related topic
We are committed to supporting the development of additional capacity for research conducted by Indigenous people for Indigenous people - and strongly encourage applications from people of Indigenous ancestry.
Timeline for research opportunities:
- December application deadline for the PhD and MSW programs
- Spring: Offers of admission
- Fall start
PhD in Social Work:
- 1+ year(s) course work
- Typically a 4-6 year commitment
- 3 year funding guarantee: approx. $16,000 from department + support through Research Assistantship
- Support in subsequent years through Research Assistantship/Fellowship
- Minimum 2-3 year residency in Montreal
MSW (Thesis Option):
- 1 year coursework
- 1 year thesis
- Support through part-time Research Assistantship
- 1 1⁄2-2 year residency in Montreal